Frequently Asked Questions / Terms
Your satisfaction is our #1 priority. Our "No Questions Asked" return policy and guarantee has been unchanged for over 35 years: "If you are not completely satisfied with our stock auction supply product, just return it within thirty days. Custom orders may not be returned or cancelled."
ORDER DESK HOURS
Our hours are 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday Central Time. We have great customer service people who are quite knowledgeable so feel free to call anytime and ask questions 218-736-7000. We want to hear from you.
Most stock orders ship within a couple business days using UPS Ground. In total, shipping may take up to an ESTIMATED 5-10 business days depending on your location.
EXPEDITED SERVICE: Note, if selecting 3 Day Select, 2 Day Air or Next Day Air, stock item orders ship same day if ordered by 2 pm Central Time, otherwise it will ship next business day. Please take note of this if ordering on weekend or holiday, order will ship the next business day.
If you need an order by a specific date please make note of it in the Special Instructions Notes area or call in the order so the appropriate service can be used to get your items by your deadline. Kiefer Auction Supply cannot guarantee delivery dates of ground shipping which is controlled by the shipping company.
The shipping rates are reflected directly from the costs of UPS Ground shipping tables. We apologize in advance for the high cost of shipping. Most of the products we ship are heavy and cost a lot to ship. The first pound or two are the most expensive and you can take advantage of product volume discounts and better shipping rates by ordering in volume.
In an attempt to get our customers the best shipping rates possible, we ask that Alaska/Hawaii, Canada and overseas International customers please call in their orders. We have UPS International Shipping as well as other Air Services to meet your needs. Orders can be phone into: 218-736-7000 or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHEN IS MY CREDIT CARD CHARGED?
Your Credit Card is charged when your order is entered in our system. If your order is put to back order, the credit card won't be charged until the order is ready to ship. Yes, your Credit Card number is secure on our web site, please note the locked paddle lock in the lower right corner of the secure order form. We do not store credit card information from order to order for security reasons. Don't want to order over the internet? Simply give us a call and place your order over the phone, (Credit Card Payment Required at time of order, NO COD's please)
Phone: (218) 736-7000
Fax: (218) 365-7474
e-mail your order. Click Here
NEED TO RETURN SOMETHING?
If, for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, return your stock items in thirty days. (PLEASE NOTE: CUSTOM ITEMS ARE NON-RETURNABLE.) When we receive the item we will credit your account. Please include a copy of your invoice with the returned items marked. You are responsible for any freight/shipping charges incurred and those charges will be deducted from your refund.
Our policy is to not back order any items under $15.00. Some back ordered items are obtained directly from the manufacturers and deliveries to us are sometimes unpredictable. Back ordered items will be shipped to you as soon as received or manufactured. Also, customers are responsible for the extra shipping and handling. We will do our best to contact you in the event of a back order, however if your order is time sensitive please note that in the Notes area while placing the order. We prefer not to back order products but will do so upon your request.
Our numbered products are a much more complex manufacturing item than simple printing items. Because of this there are additional charges that can be incurred by the customer if they want specific numbering sequences or special numbering patterns. All the added charges are reflected upon the extra time and extra work needed to accomplishment the customer goals.
Some things like guaranteed "no number skips" are extremely labor intensive and not cost effective. We need to communicate to the customer in advance our numbering policy, especially on skips. This policy is listed online as part of our ordering terms.
1. NO NUMBER SKIPS: Because manufacturing involves many steps such as printing, numbering, cutting, perforating, wrapping, occasionally a sheet will become damaged and cause a skip in the number sequence. It's not cost effective to go back and reprint if a skip occurs. A guarantee of no skips requires an additional up-charge of 50% of the job price up to 10,000 pieces and 25% there after. We do not guarantee no skipped numbers without the additional up charge. Most jobs do not have skips and in our experience they are unlikely, but possible. However if a sheet jams in the manufacturing process it likely will cause 3 or 6 non-sequential skipped numbers as we run most products 6-up on a large sheet for efficiency.
2. NON STANDARD NUMBERS: Our numbers start at 1 and continue up without a break to the completion on the job. If the customer starts with any number other than 1 there is a $5.00 minimum non-standard number charge per number position. If an item is printed multiples on a sheet the charge is per position. For example a 6-up run is a $30.00 charge.
3. START AND STOPS: A "start and stop" means the numbering machine must be manually stopped and restarted to accommodate a specific non-consecutive series. For example numbering 1 to 1000 is a standard sequence. But having 10 sets numbered 1 to 100 x 10 has 9 additional start and stops. The first start is built into the price, but the additional start and stops are $3.00 for the first 10 and $2.00 there after. So 5,000 bid cards numbered 1 to 100 is 50 sets. 9 x $3.00 plus 40 x $2.00 or a total of $107.00 for the additional "start and stop" charge. There is no additional charge for numbering in 1000 increments regardless of quantity ordered.
4. NON STANDARD FONT: We have two standard type fonts for numbers: Helvetica and Roman. Any other type font required is $10.00 if we have it in our system. If we have to buy the font it's a pass thru cost for the font and/or royalty fee.
5. COLOR CHANGES: Most of our numbering product is run digitally and the color or black number are the same price. Color changes within a single order are subject to a color change of $25.00 per color change. For crash numbered carbon-less forms the color red is standard and any other color is $25.00 color change.
6. ADDITIONAL NUMBER POSITIONS: Numbering in additional locations on products are subject to custom quote determined by the amount of time necessary to set up and the speed upon which the job will print.